Jump to content

Sticky Notes

TIred of boring messages spread across your board?

Then liven it up by downloading Sticky Notes

Not only can you pick and choose what user groups to show them to, you can even allow your members to send personal sticky notes to other members

TheJackal TheJackal
IPSDev
GregoryRasputin

Errors With Enhanced User Info Panel And Enhanced Profile Blocks

Recommended Posts

First i will say that  love your plugins and i really hate having to disable them because they mess with the forum in a detrimental manner.

Ill start with
Enhanced User Info Panel:
This works great apart from when i chose to enable the secondary group icons, then it either messes the layout of the threads up, of it gives me multiple versions of the same secondary user icon for a user, here is the layout problem:
It looks like this
obPXnPp.png

When it should look like this
1nPSuU8.png

 

This is the error code:
 

#0 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Member/Group.php(109): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0, 'g_id', NULL)
#1 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(2373): IPS\Member\_Group::load(0)
#2 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_global_plugins->EnhancedUserInfoPanel(Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post))
#3 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(1378): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('EnhancedUserInf...', Array)
#4 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->postContainer(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array, '')
#5 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(3499): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('postContainer', Array)
#6 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, NULL, '\n\n\t\n\t<ul class=...', Array)
#7 /where/directory/is/forums/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(408): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#8 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#9 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /where/directory/is/forums/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#11 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#12 /where/directory/is/forums/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

This does not happen with all members, just some.

 

Now onto
Enhanced Profile Blocks:
Similar to Enhanced User Info Panel, it doesn't happen with all members, just some.
It leaves the profile page looking like this
NP0Lje4.png


When it should look like this:
v92wEM2.png

 

The error code i get is this:
 

#0 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Member/Group.php(109): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0, 'g_id', NULL)
#1 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(1151): IPS\Member\_Group::load(0)
#2 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_global_plugins->EnhancedProfileBlocks(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Db\Select), Array, Array, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly))
#3 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(1267): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('EnhancedProfile...', Array)
#4 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_profile->profile(Object(IPS\Member), '\n\n\t<div class='...', Array, Array, Object(IPS\Db\Select), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly))
#5 /where/directory/is/forums/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(410): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('profile', Array)
#6 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#7 /where/directory/is/forums/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /where/directory/is/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#9 /where/directory/is/forums/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

First i will say that  love your plugins and i really hate having to disable them because they mess with the forum in a detrimental manner

Thanks.

For future reference can you use the support sections for each file please, This is only going to be for bugs on this site, Each file has its own support and it's much more advanced with version logging for fixes etc.

It looks like something to do with the secondary group Icons, try and disable the secondary group icons via the plugins and let me know if it's the same

KVZ0IC4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheJackal said:

It looks like something to do with the secondary group Icons, try and disable the secondary group icons via the plugins and let me know if it's the same

That only explains Enhanced User Info Panel and yes it is fine when switched off, it only happens when i chose to enable the secondary group icons, like i said above.

What about Enhanced Profile Blocks, it gives the same problem regardless of secondary group icons, i currently have it disabled as it is unusable at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GregoryRasputin said:

That only explains Enhanced User Info Panel and yes it is fine when switched off, it only happens when i chose to enable the secondary group icons, like i said above.

What about Enhanced Profile Blocks, it gives the same problem regardless of secondary group icons, i currently have it disabled as it is unusable at the moment.

Does the users it happens to have any secondary groups? It looks like it is trying to load their group id as 0

IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0, 'g_id', NULL)

That's basically saying load group 0 which is no group, So the problem must be with the user somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheJackal said:

Does the users it happens to have any secondary groups? It looks like it is trying to load their group id as 0

IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0, 'g_id', NULL)

That's basically saying load group 0 which is no group, So the problem must be with the user somewhere

Yes the member mysis who i originally had the problem with is a "developer" and "founding member", i went into his settings and clicked on "founding member" then saved and that fixed it, so i went through that thread and found other members with the same problem, looking at their settings the have the 'founding member' badge as a secondary too, for instance:
xr9kYpc.png

The weird thing is that clicking on "founding member" and saving fixes the problem, if it is with that group, its going to take me ages going into each account and clucking then saving as i have 344 members with that badge >.<.

Why would that group be giving this error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GregoryRasputin said:

Yes the member mysis who i originally had the problem with is a "developer" and "founding member", i went into his settings and clicked on "founding member" then saved and that fixed it, so i went through that thread and found other members with the same problem, looking at their settings the have the 'founding member' badge as a secondary too, for instance:
xr9kYpc.png

The weird thing is that clicking on "founding member" and saving fixes the problem, if it is with that group, its going to take me ages going into each account and clucking then saving as i have 344 members with that badge >.<.

Why would that group be giving this error?

I remember something like this before by another user, They contacted IPS support and got told it was something that happened during a update one time, It may be something in the database and when you click save it adds the new settings you just saved, Fixing the problem, You could run a query to remove all secondary groups from all users, but then you would have to add them back to the ones you wanted, it could be quicker that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly i continue to get errors, so i am going to stop using the plugin :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Sadly i continue to get errors, so i am going to stop using the plugin :(

Like you fixed it before, it is not the plugin, it is something to do with your database and the member groups, the plugin does not add nor edit anything in the database, 99 people own the plugin and 98 people it works for with no errors, The only person who had that error like I said contacted IPS and they said it was a bug during a update and they fixed it for him as they run the correct queries to sort the members table of the database. If you wanted to I could make a plugin what will run a query to remove all secondary groups then re-add them, But I would try IPS first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheJackal said:

Like you fixed it before, it is not the plugin, it is something to do with your database and the member groups, the plugin does not add nor edit anything in the database, 99 people own the plugin and 98 people it works for with no errors, The only person who had that error like I said contacted IPS and they said it was a bug during a update and they fixed it for him as they run the correct queries to sort the members table of the database. If you wanted to I could make a plugin what will run a query to remove all secondary groups then re-add them, But I would try IPS first

I wasn't anything bad about you or the plugin, you are a great dev and the plugin is awesome, but unfortunately i cannot figure out what the problem is my end, so i would rather just disable the plugin and not stress myself out trying to figure out the problem as i don't have the time or patience  :(

Thanks for the plugin and thank you for the other two i have which work great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

I wasn't anything bad about you or the plugin, you are a great dev and the plugin is awesome, but unfortunately i cannot figure out what the problem is my end, so i would rather just disable the plugin and not stress myself out trying to figure out the problem as i don't have the time or patience  :(

Thanks for the plugin and thank you for the other two i have which work great.

If you want, I can make you a couple of custom one's with the secondary groups removed from the coding, it would seem silly not to use it because of that.

I know you meant nothing bad sorry if it came across that way :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2018 at 8:44 PM, TheJackal said:

If you want, I can make you a couple of custom one's with the secondary groups removed from the coding, it would seem silly not to use it because of that.

I know you meant nothing bad sorry if it came across that way :D

If i just disable the "Secondary group images" it should have the same effect shouldn't it?
Ill try that for a while and see if i get any errors.

I did have a plugin ages ago that showed secondary group images, but i uninstalled that before installing yours, i wonder if it has left anything in the database that is causing the error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

If i just disable the "Secondary group images" it should have the same effect shouldn't it?
Ill try that for a while and see if i get any errors.

I did have a plugin ages ago that showed secondary group images, but i uninstalled that before installing yours, i wonder if it has left anything in the database that is causing the error.

It should cut the code out if you have it disabled, I thought you said before that it still happened sometimes with it disabled?.

If you notice the error let me know and I will make you the ones I said above without the code inside ( There will be no charge for these as you have active licenses for them ) and it will only take a few minutes anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.